Monday, July 18, 2011

Hokkien Mee...

That's a lot of labour. Cut the prawn heads, fry them, blend them and then boil them whole night long in the crockpot with pork ribs as I know I won't have enough time in the morning to do all these. I woke up half an hour earlier this morning to make hard boiled eggs, blanch the prawns in the hot water and have more prawn shells in another round of boiling. When everything was done, tasted the soup and I almost crumble to the floor. It's tasteless. Totally tasteless but the prawny smell was so strong which I like it. Then, I started adding a lot of stuff into the boiling pot of prawn soup which were not written in the recipe. If I have no pig sense earlier, I have prawn brains now.... :D I hope it tastes great...

The hawker's price of RM2.50 - RM3.50 is nothing compared to all the hardwork. I will never complain again saying that Hokkien Mee is too expensive. The amount of prawn heads and shells used are not cheap. To make the chilli paste wasn't cheap as well.

No comments: