Friday, July 01, 2011

McJu's Croque Monsieur and Croque Madame...

This is McJu's Fast Food line... I created it... just a fiction of imagination but the food is for real. The place to buy Oblong Burger is just a turn away from my place. But to hunt for the burger buns the size of oblong burger, it's quite a distant away. I got everything that I needed. More than I needed actually because originally Croque Monsieur and Croque Madame are just ham and cheese sandwiches. I was thinking about adding oblong chicken burger to satisfy my own appetite. I've never heard of gruyère cheese in my life. I know Parmesan and Mozarella very well and also the cheese slices to go with bread. I went hunting for the cheese in Tesco. Thank God. I found the cheese in less than a minute. My last option to buy all imported goods will be in Cold Storage. No more place to go. I'm still looking for Monterey Jack cheese. This is my modified Croque Monsieur sandwich. Cut the buns into halves, wipe it with butter and put it on the pan for a while. Grilled the Oblong burger. Prepared the béchamel sauce - that's with butter being heated, added a little bit of flour to thicken the mixture, added some milk while stirring, putting in both types of cheeses. Stirred for awhile until everything melted and perfectly done. Sprinkled salt and pepper. Topped with honey ham. Not enough. Upgraded Croque Monsieur to Croque Madame. We love eggs. Can't live without eggs whether it's hard-boiled, soft-boiled, bull's-eye or scrambled. Then, topped that with another layer of béchamel sauce with a thin line of yellow mustard. Perfect. You can never have kitchen malfunction with burgers.

No comments: