Friday, July 08, 2011

Life...

I've attended more funerals than weddings. This evening I received a shocking news from Juju. A friend whom I know from the badminton court passed away suddenly in the afternoon. No doubt we didn't know each other that close, but the world is so small that they're relatives of my old classmate. I have friends of all ages.


I attended the wake service with hubby after catching a movie in the cinema. It was really sad... awfully sad to be left by someone whom you loved dearly without given a chance to say goodbye.


Last week, I took hubby to the hospital because he has chest pain. He was under observation to be sure that he has no heart attack or heart problems. I was praying outside and thinking if he ever collapse and leave me all alone... I wouldn't be able to live. I'm quite independent and the only thing that I do not know how to operate is the washing machine. Other than that, I'm okay.


It's not about the washing machine. It's about having someone to be with you. It's the little little moments that you share together. Lord, if You ever want to take my hubby home with You, can I hitch a hike and tag along?


When you die, you cannot take away anything with you. You can't bring your certificates that you fought to get, can't bring your big house, can't bring your revving car, can't bring your bank account and cheque books along. Can't bring anything at all, not even a small piece of paper. Life is about...

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

[Matthew 25:35-36,40]

Life is just too short... every second counts...

No comments: