Saturday, July 02, 2011

Mercy...

Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.

[Matthew 5:7]
This is a 2009 movie which speaks volume. It should be screened in the cinema. Better than any other non-sensical movies. I think movies with real meaning in life did not make it to the big screen because the truth hurts. In this movie, it shows how we should show mercy to others, regardless of colour. I'm not discussing about coloured people here. I'm in a country which we hardly look at skin colour because we're neither black nor white. We're perfectly brown or yellow.

Mercy should not be shown to only those whom you know. It should be extended to the ends of the world. There's a limit to mercy because you set it yourself. Being merciful to others wouldn't make you lose a piece of your flesh. When one shows mercy to others, we will be shown mercy by others as well. The movie makes me reflect on my own life. I am merciless at times. That movie is based on a true story. If for me, I know I wouldn't be able to carry out the responsibility of having a total stranger staying with me, feed him, clothe him, give him an education, get him everything that he needs and give him the warmth of having a family to call his own.

Feeding a person, I can... Clothing a person, I can do that as well. Giving temporary shelter, yes I can do that but living with me for the rest of my life, I haven't reach there yet. I'm still far away from that.

No comments: