Tuesday, July 05, 2011

More Blessed to Give...

In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ”

[Acts 20:35]

Out of so many things that I do, I'm happiest when I'm cooking. I can stand whole day in the kitchen and whip out good food and give them away for the joy of it. I'm happy when I see a face lights up when savouring the creamy sauce, chewing on a piece of juicy and tender meat or while burying one's face in McJu. I do understand now how Jesus managed to feed a crowd of 5000 with 2 fishes and 5 loaves. All these while I've been cooking for 7 people including myself. The last person who scoops out of the pot will have the least. Sometimes only one mouthful left. I started experimenting on recipes I found through websites and I added Judz to my list of guinea pigs to try out for the daily local and round-the-world cuisines. Gracie isn't in the list. Then, a few more people that I'm really happy to share my cooking with on days that the dishes are really great, they're not included in my list as well. By actual fact, I will not have enough as I did not increase the amount of food. In the end, I have more than enough.


Fiona came today with Juju. She's a sudden guest to my house. Yet, after dividing the food to everyone, there's still enough for everyone. I don't know how it happens, but that is what happens. I know very well if a few more people walk over to my house and ask for food, I will still have enough to feed everyone.


Two weeks ago as I scooped the African Chicken Peanut Stew from the pot. It's never ending. I filled in one bowl after another until the last person. And the last person did not only have a mouthful of stew but a full bowl of stew. Again, you might say I've cooked extremely a lot, but I'm telling you, I cook the same amount as I'm going to cook for 7 people. God is here in this kitchen. Say 'Amen' to that.

No comments: