Thursday, October 06, 2016

China Day 1: Landed in Shenzhen...

~ 26th January 2016~
The beautiful fluffy clouds...
I decided to write about this year's trip. I'm not that late in writing this down but I have other trips in between which I will shelf them after this trip. I have people waiting for the photos so I have no choice but to look through everything. I didn't take as many photos this time round because it's my third time in Shenzhen and it's just like home. 
Our cabin luggage for 3 weeks...
Mi madre and I planned to travel as light as we could so for our three weeks trip, we only have our cabin bags with us. Pinky wanted to celebrate my birthday in Shenzhen but in the end, it didn't happen because she could not take long leaves like she used to take. I ended up in her house while she was trapped in her office. I made her days a torture by sending her food photos and places that we went without her. Her home is just like my home, so without her around, I still feel like at home.
What's an old grand piano doing at Shenzhen airport?
Oh, you get down from the plane and buy a car...
We left Penang in the afternoon and by the time we arrived Shenzhen, it was already past dinner time. The first time I was there, Pinky picked me from the airport. The second time we entered through Hong Kong and this time round, we made our own way to the house. There were some slight changes as the airport has been upgraded thus, no direct train to the housing area. Just take the shuttle bus, prepare small change, 2 yuan per person. I only have 10 yuan so I took the small change from three other passengers. Whoever says Chinese people are rude and uncivilized? 
Hourui used to be the second train stop...
The second train stop became the first train stop. Again, prepare enough change as the counter to change into smaller change will be closed early. Without the correct change in hand, I changed money with a nice young woman with whom she got her small change from a rugged old man. She even clicked for our tickets. Then, we were on our way home.
Happy to be in the train on the way to OCT....
An hour later, after dragging our luggage in cold winter, we arrived home safely. I was sweating all over from the walk but at the same time, it was so cold at 8-degree Celsius. Mother kept some dinner for us as I have requested. I didn't want to go search for food in the middle of the night. It's home. I like to stay at home.
Chicken tips... nice...
Vege... I don't like... 
Very spicy chicken feet... I don't like spicy chicken feet...
The best part of the day was sleeping in layers of blankets. Lights off~!

No comments: