Wednesday, December 01, 2010

My Attempt to Jog...

I made it last Friday to wake up and go to the Botanical Garden. I didn't jog. I had a good, really good morning walk. I was listening to the jungle orchestra played by the many insects I know no names about. The morning sunshine I did not really enjoy but the cool wind that blew, that was beyond words. It was really my first time walking through the garden. It was not as large as Fitzroy Garden in Melbourne which I took 4 hours to slow walk and snapped photos of the whole area. Nevertheless, I was enjoying the lush greenery of the Botanic Garden of Penang. I am proud that we actually have a garden to call our own instead of having concrete jungles all over the place. Or should I say shopping malls that mushroom in number?I did not forget camera. The moment I stepped into the garden, through the main gate, I saw a fairy tale tree. It was nothing like one I saw in Fitzroy Garden but the cannon ball tree set me mesmerized and snapped in frenzy. It was nothing that I've seen before. I was like a country girl seeing a tree for the first time in real life. I love nature.
As the weather is so cool and I was in no hurry to jog at all. Jogging is not in my list of activities actually. I do power walk. I like doing adventurous stuff but not a boring activity such as jogging. When you jog, you see nothing except for the up and down version of the whole area. You won't hear the cicadas instead you hear your heartbeat and your shoes pumping against the tar road. That I do not like. I would rather bathe myself in my sweat jumping like a monkey with real monkeys. I met a few of my friends there. It's a pity there are no donkeys around in the garden.I walked the whole round until I detoured to another world. I saw a small signboard showing an arrow to the Lily Pond. It was a short walk through the narrow path and in the middle of a circular area, there lies the Lily Pond with toadstools lining the surface of the pond. It was a beautiful sight and my camera was whirring in every different angle. I had the place to myself when out of the blue, came a group of people with booming thunderous voices, then camera flashes were seen and I walked away. Solitude. My place of solitude I found in public area.
I finished a round of walking in exactly one hour. Thus, I rewarded myself for waking up early, drove myself to the Botanical Garden and finishing the whole place with a Moo Cow ice-cream. I like ice-cream especially with chocolate. I like everything chocolate.
There goes my first attempt to jog. It failed to meet any criteria for jogging. I was having a stroll in the garden and ended up having a photography session with photos in my Facebook.
In peace I will lie down and sleep,
for you alone, LORD,
make me dwell in safety.
[Psalm 4:8]
Indeed, I have a good sleep. I only managed to go there for one day. I couldn't wake up on Monday. Neither did I make it on Tuesday. My bio-clock was in haywire during school holidays. Instead of waking up around 7:15 a.m. or 7:45 a.m. I'm waking up at 10 a.m. I'm one who couldn't wake up even with 10 alarm clocks ringing at the same time or being rocked by another human. I wake up when I'm done sleeping. Eight hours sharp. Nothing less, but more can be taken into consideration. What am I to do with myself...
I'm adamant to wake up early tomorrow morning to blend with nature again.

No comments: