Sunday, December 12, 2010

The 5-Hour Long Queue...

Since the traffic police department is giving a 50% discount for all summonses, I joined the crowd nationwide to queue up and make payment. The counter opened at 8:30 a.m. but the queue started as early as 6:30 a.m. The queue was longer than a python and snaked all the way to the gate of the police station. Some might be wondering what took the queue so long to move. I was wondering about that, too.

All around me were conversations. You do not have to eavesdrop to catch the conversations. They were made loud and clear. A man in front of me has 27 summonses all for speeding. I have only 2 and I thought it was a lot. Actually I wasn't the one speeding. I was making payment on behalf of my sister. I'm a very careful driver just speeding when necessary. The whopping payment of more than RM4k by the others were said as all worth it. It was worth it because there's a 50% discount. Without the discount, nobody will bother to join the queue.

I'm always with a book so I don't really care how long is the queue. Without a book, you'll hear me screaming on top of my lungs instead of the other man. A man, with guts, yelled out loud 'MALAYSIA BOLEH' after so many hours of queueing up. I guessed he queued more than 5 hours. A day before the computers were offline and no payment can be done. The man then had a shouting match with one of the traffic police. Surprisingly he wasn't arrested for his rudeness.

MALAYSIA BOLEH~! That slogan shout made everyone smiled and laughed out loud. Well... he was just spilling out what we have in mind. Such patriotic guy....

Who in the right frame of mind would want to stand for 5 hours? Why torture your beautiful legs? Have your heard of a foldable chair that you can carry around? Just bring one over there... case close.

No comments: