Sunday, January 30, 2011

Heartwrenching Movies...

I ended my first day in Kuching beautifully by curling on the daybed watching a movie. 'Aftershock' is a movie about China's biggest earthquake that swallowed the entire village of... err... cannot remember the name of the place. The story depicts of a mother's heartbreak for having to choose between which twin to save as both were pinned on both ends of a pillar. She chose the son, leaving the daughter to die but her daughter miraculously lived. She received a good life after being adopted. Watch the rest yourself. It's a heartfelt story of a mother's sacrifice and 32 years of emotional and mental torture having to live through with her decision. The movie shows how forgiveness can transform a person's life and the different turn of events that follow after.This is another heartwrenching movie about how a designer baby was made to save the dying sibling. I've read the book. As I've always prefer books to movies, I was very disappointed with the ending of the movie. It was totally different from what I've read. Worth watching though if you haven't read the book. So, this is how I begin my second day in Kuching, glued to the television catching a movie that I've missed in the cinema. I'm such an interesting person...

No comments: