Monday, January 24, 2011

Of Airports and Flights...

For this Kuching trip, I'm very well prepared. See those plasters. For all the previous trips, I had blisters on the soles of my feet after walking for more than an hour or two, thus, the plasters for this trip. In the end, I didn't use it at all. No blisters at all. You probably can't imagine that I brought an umbrella with me for a person who has no idea how to use one. Both of us prayed that there will be no rain when we were there, as God always answers our prayers. Indeed, for the 5 days that we were there, there was not even a drop of rain. It was bright and sunny throughout the day no doubt earlier, the rain was wrecking havoc in the state of Kuching. I was travelling the lightest this time round with only a backpack for 5 days. As you can see, it was still dark when I arrived at the airport that's because my bunny dropped me early at the airport and rushed off to work. Well... I can probably entertain myself while waiting for my 9:55 a.m. flight. The airport wasn't too crowded. I chose a place where Juju could easily spot me when she reached the airport as I have my toiletries to dump into her luggage. I was sitting in front of McD and smelling the brewing coffee *not bothered... I'm not a coffee drinker* and also the hash brown. I stared at people passing by for a while to kill time. It's a good activity actually. You can see people's reactions, the way they talk and respond to others. I get bored easily so I have to take out my book to read. I'm so absorbed in my book until Juju arrived and hollered for me. I had a good warm up snapping photos with her for awhile before she boarded her plane. We were both travelling on different planes. I flew direct to Kuching while she flew on Malaysia Airlines and she had to transit in Kuala Lumpur which wasted so much time. While she killed time eating, I did it through reading. See that flight AK6506 gate 12A. It's very near Juju gate 14 so we sat somewhere in between.I was looking for the plane to see whether it has arrived or not. To my horror, I was looking at this... Wasn't that a construction site? HHhmmm... I met a new friend and we chatted for a bit. Will add her in Facebook later. As AirAsia is a budget airline, then we will have to walk further before we reach the plane. Yay~! That's the plane I'm going with... I'm quite used to lugging my bag up the plane after so many times doing it. Thank God I only have my backpack with me this time round. Earlier on at 9 a.m. I saw Juju's plane took off.A few people asked why I travelled alone. As weird as I am, I really really love travelling alone. Even if I'm together in a plane with Juju, we won't be chit chatting because we can laughed so loud the whole plane will stop midair and threw us out of the plane. Most probably, she will be busy with her devices or sleep while I'll be reading. So no point travelling together and lose our sanity so soon. Reading... another two hours of flight. Two hours... I'm not sure how am I going to survive sitting still for so long. I only have one hour of concentration span... but I'm sure I will survive. I was reading furiously until I heard my stomach rumbling. Oh, no~! I just remembered that I've not have any breakfast. I put my book down and what I did next was something uncalled for. I was browsing through the in-flight menu. All the scrumptious meals. Loh mai kai, spaghetti, nasi lemak.. all the Penangnite's craze of hawker delights. And I forget to get myself a bottle of water on the way to the plane... I want Milo... I want Milo... I want Milo... why bunny didn't make me Milo before we left the house... why??? Will definitely call and ask my bunny for torturing me like this...Chicken rice... whenever I'm on board a flight, I will be extremely hungry and thirsty. I really wanted to tear the menu into pieces and swallow them whole. Two hours was freaking long. My flight took off at exactly 9:55a.m. and was in reverse at 9:45a.m. so we reached 10 minutes earlier... I was greeted by crowds and crowds of people queueing up to board the next flight out. It was quite small that airport in Kuching.I was actually doing some acrobatic movements inside. Some somersaults and star jumping here and there. *Arrivals... jumping in glee* The next thing that I saw made me jump like a happy doggie welcoming the master home. Food~! Glorious food~! It took me less than a minute to decide what I wanted to eat. In less than 2 minutes, I have my food on the table. I served myself as it is self-service. In less than 5 minutes, I've swallowed everything whole and my stomach was working at top speed to digest everything. I couldn't remember the taste but I just know that McD tasted better. I saw KFC above Marrybrown... should have gone up there but I have no more energy to walk around. I've never felt so hungry before. I have another hour to sit at the airport while waiting for Juju who flew earlier than me to arrive. There were so many sand flies flying around... better than houseflies in Melbourne.I don't feel like reading anymore so I stared straight into the sky. I was looking out for the airplane to arrive. Finally, the wait ended... ...two Judiths were united once again. When you see both of travelling together, you'll hear everything singing with such great joy. Even the flowers bloomed extra big. I'm glad we made it for this trip... love you, Ju...

No comments: