Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Unconditional Love...

Unconditional love is a term that means to love someone regardless of the loved one's qualities or actions. Unconditional love is often used to describe the love in an idealized romantic relationship. You love someone in spite of the person's nasty behaviour... in spite of... that's a big phrase...I have all my fingers filled with rings. But I can't bring myself to say, "Yes, I do." I find excuses and run away from the topic. Marriage is a big commitment. A commitment that I doubt my ability to carry it through. I've run away more than 10 times. In spite of my running away behaviour, he's still there waiting for me. That's unconditional love... I'm disappointed with myself. Many of my friends are already in the wife club and by actual fact, I should be the first among everyone, I'm first in everything.... but I just can't commit. I can't even picture myself walking down the aisle let alone pen my signature at the registrar of marriage department. I just can't picture myself being married. I'm afraid to lose my freedom. Maybe this year... maybe next year... maybe another 10 years down the road... I forget to ask why Donkey didn't get married... is he afraid or just love to be alone... As Donkey says, "Our Best is Yet to Come because We have Yet to Succumb." My best is already here, it's within my grasp but I just don't have the guts to say yes... argh~! *slaps Donkey to release tension*
I just wonder how others are able to take the bold step and enter into marriage. Why can't I do the same? Why? *whacks Donkey...* Donkey, if I see you in person I will call you the same... Donk... just wanna see your facial expression...

No comments: